question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 3 3 2

How to Delete a chain spilt in multiple parts?

If I have a chain for example TEST_CHAIN, which is in multiple parts such as 0#TEST_CHAIN, 1#TEST_CHAIN, 3#TEST_CHAIN etc.

If I want to delete the entire chain, do I have to delete each chain part individually, or is there a way I can delete them all together?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktrep
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ajay.gupta,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is one of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @ajay.gupta,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @ajay.gupta

Never actually tried this out but I expect that you would have to delete each record individually.

The CHAIN construct is not something the ATS or ADH Cache would treat differently from any other record. You are creating the relationship between the chains and records by including the various fields that provide the navigation path.

From having use an ATS several years ago, I remember it has the concept of Temporary records - but I am not sure if you can create and then Delete all temporary records more easily using a Post Msg. This is something you would have to discuss with the ATS support team by raising a My.Refinitiv support ticket for the ATS product.

FYI - if you are using ATS_DELETE - where you can to provide the list of fields, there is also the ATS_DELETE_ALL version which does not require you to specify the fields.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
0 3 3 2

@umer.nalla @nick.zincone.1 can you please advice on this?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @ajay.gupta,

It might help if you elaborate on what you mean by "Delete"? Do you mean delete the existence of this record from the server that you created? Or do you mean to unsubscribe/close the chain? If you are creating the chain yourself, I would suggest you follow the answer from @umer.nalla above. If you mean closing a subscription you will have to close each part of the subscription. That being said, users typically only request for chains as non-streaming, so you wouldn't have to close anything.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.