question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 3

how to get all related classes in the fund family from a given isin fund class ?

Hi all, i was just wondering using RDP Funds API how to get all isin for various classes of a given fund and potentially also filter the primary class or a class with some attributes. for instance if i start with fund with ISIN LU0302447452, how could i get the equivalent that in Eikon is shown in fund family showing the primary fund and then "related assets" i.e. 14 classes ? Ultimately i'd need to intercept class that has isin LU0302446645 which is the fund class with no retrocession.
many thanks in advance and best regards

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformfundsisin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1.7k 3 3 4

** This was an old / wrong answer. There is a way to do that: use property "relatedAssets" **

@paolo ciampanelli, I do not find a direct way to do this in the RDP Funds API, but I can be wrong. If I try to find a specific share class of a fund that is under the same portfolio, I think I will try the brute-force method: I will firstly limit the scope as narrow as possible, say screen for funds under the same asset type, same classification (e.g. Lipper Global Classification) under the markets I am interested in (say by domicile or registered for sale country). Then, I will loop all these funds to see which fund’s Lipper Primary fund is point to the same fund. This can be obtained by the property: “relatedAssets”. i.e. I am searching the “related funds” by checking which of them have the same “Primary Fund”.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
1.7k 3 3 4

@paolo ciampanelli , I just realised there is a property "relatedAssets" do exactly what you wanted. e.g. if you use the query in API Playground:

https://api.refinitiv.com/data/funds/v1/assets/LU0302446645?properties=relatedAssets

They you shall get the results of all the share classes of the same portfolio under the "SHARECLASSES" section of the result JSON.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @b.lee thanks for the update, i think this SHARECLASSES element is new, it wasn't around in March 2021

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.