Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Codebook permanently frozen on failed spawn - suspected Notebook Crash

Hi,

I had codebook fully functional over the weekend with no problems, performing some historical data pulls through Eikon and writing to csv locally. At some point, there was an API timeout and the kernel crashed. I tried reloading and now codebook won't open, it is frozen on the loading page. Every time I refresh, it goes through the initialization routine and ends up at this same result. The attached screenshot shows the log file and frozen screen. I suspect that it is trying to re-open my crashed notebook and it's getting stuck on that.

I just want to be able to log in again and get back to work. Please advise on best path forward, not sure if this requires some sort of dev side cache clearing or reset of my container image. Thanks!

Screen capture:

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apicodebook
screencap.png (153.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @adriengough

I submitted ticket no. 09736189 on your behalf to the support team.

They should contact you shortly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @adriengough

Please try clearing browser cookies and cache.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Then please try to launch the Eikon Web access and Codebook again.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1
Hi @chavalit.jintamalit,

I tried this, all browsing info and cookies and cache cleared, and I'm still getting the same result.

I can resend a screencap of the log if you would like but it's the same message.

Another development - I provisioned a Windows VPS and set up Eikon Desktop on there. I can use Eikon Data APIs through Python etc but Codebook doesn't work through Eikon Desktop either, same error.

Thanks,

-b

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.