For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Duplicate bonds in results when searching by issuer/entity orgid

Hi,

I'm finding I get duplicate bonds for an issuer/entity when using InstrumentSearch from the REST API. For example, if I search with orgid = 115689364

var resultingInstruments =

_searchContext.InstrumentSearch(

AllInstrumentSearchRequest.Create(

new DssCollection<InstrumentTypeGroup>() { InstrumentTypeGroup.GovCorp },

IdentifierType.OrgId,

"115689364",

IdentifierType.Ric));

I get back several bonds, but some appear to be duplicates on slightly different Ric's, for example:

ZATH14A7=J

ZATH14A7VT=J

I would like to choose only one of these, but I'm not sure how to differentiate them? If I do a composite and T&C lookup they seem to be on the the same exchange and other Composite and T&C fields seem to also have the same values.

Can someone please explain how I can eliminate one of them, or what Composite and T&C fields I should look at for this?

Thanks,

Lindsay

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssricsrest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Just forgot to mention that there is a pattern in that when there are duplicates of the bond the one will always have a Ric code ending in =J and the duplicate will end in VT=J. Another example:

ZATRA4A3=J

ZATRA4A3VT=J

@lcrawford

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @lcrawford,

I do not believe that what you see is duplicates, to my best understanding ( I am a developer, rather then a content expert) different RICs, even if they differ slightly, represent different instruments, so the search is not, in this case, returning duplicates.

However, to help you identify the correct instruments within the result, per your requirements, I would suggest, as a customer to directly open a content support case via Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> DSS, and be connected with a Refinitiv content expert.

There may also be a more appropriate search type to use per your requirement from among the available searches, rather then InstrumentSearch, perhaps GovCorpSearch, and content experts will be able to help you to identify the optimal search.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

Hi, yes, I've looked at GovCorpSearch but it does not take orgId's and therefore we can't use it to expand the entities into the bonds they've issued.

Thanks, I've now logged a support ticket at my.refinitiv.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.