question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 2

Meaning of ACVOL_1 when no trade details are ever present.

Hi,

I'm looking at FX products (e.g., AUDTN=) on 2021-03-28 and 2021-03-29 and I've observed a couple of oddities:

1. I see GEN_VAL1 (FID: 996) and GEN_VAL2 (FID: 997), but, I do NOT see GV1_TEXT or GV2_TEXT to indicate what those values mean. Is this normal? How should I interpret these GEN_VALn fields?

2. I see ACVOL_1 but I never see any individual trade information. Where is the accumulated trade volume coming from?

Thanks!

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrteta-apielektron-transport-apifields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jeremy.mayes

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@jeremy.mayes

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @jeremy.mayes

This forum is not the best place to ask about content questions.
For an authoritative answer to any content questions, the best resource is the Refinitiv Content Helpdesk.
This forum is dedicated to things specific to the use of APIs.
The moderators here do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Eikon.
The Refinitiv Content Helpdesk can be reached by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

Thanks. I'll file a helpdesk ticket instead.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

Hi,

I do think question (1) comes down to the proper way to use the API. I'm new to refinitiv and I've inherited some code that uses the API. Our code does not appear to grab a snapshot of the full image before listening for updates. What's the best way to structure the code to do this? Are there some good code samples on github?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@jeremy.mayes

After requesting an item, if the item is valid, you will get a refresh message which contains all available fields. Then, if you request for streaming, you will get subsequent update messages. The subsequent update messages will contain only the updated fields.

Therefore, if you don't see the GV1_TEXT or GV2_TEXT fields in the update messages, it should imply that the values are not changed.

The red texts indicate that there are updates for GEN_VAL1 and GEN_VAL2. Therefore, the values of GV1_TEXT and GV2_TEXT remains the same.

1618199152106.png (46.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.