For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
33 0 1 4

EZD vs RTO (Data Format and Update Count)

For customers currently testing with RT Optimized, I need to confirm about what they can expect for differences in data format (ie. FID numbers, Field names) compared to the original EZD (Elektron Connect). Any differences to look out for or should data format be identical to EZD? Also initial tests show Optimized receiving more updates that EZD for the same time windows (ie. 1 sec, 1 min, 5 min) for currency FX rate data.

Finally, what is the official EZD uninstall procedure as it is not published in currently available installation guides? Thank you very much.

PS - The 'Private' query option was not made available when I posted this question. Is that feature still available?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrt
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @nicolas.ooka

The field names and FID numbers should remain the same - the data source is still the same (i.e. our Real-time consolidated feed)

In terms of updates, my understanding is that EZD provided 3 updates per second, trade safe optimized. RTO is also the same optimized rate. I will try and find out if there might be any reason why RTO may receive more.

In terms of uninstallation, the Windows version has a setup program - so it should be possible to uninstall from Control Panel.

For the Linux version, you could try raising a My.Refinitiv support ticket for 'Thomson Reuters Elektron Connect' and see if they can help.

I will check with Dev Portal support to see why you cannot post a private message.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @nicolas.ooka

I have been advised that it is possible to see differences in the number of updates you may see in RTO vs Elektron Connect - as they fed from slightly different internal sources - so the conflation may not always be identical.

The Fields and content remain the same.

Hi @umer.nalla,

Thanks very much. Noted regarding the data format being the same.

I opened a case regarding the update count, but good to confirm that the source is different leading to different update count. Both RTO and EZD are supposedly conflated with trade safe.

I opened up a case for the uninstallation as well and have received some feedback on that. Thanks again!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.