For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
75 1 3 7

Consumer application (java) ERT Cloud / Refinitiv Real-Time Optimized

Hello Developer and API Support, I have already build consumer and publishing application in java using Elektron API and WebSocket as well RCC for contribution via the public Internet or RTDS connections.

I want now try to build a consumer app which receive prices from Refinitiv ERT Cloud or Refinitiv Real-Time Optimized, Is there any example available for a quick start?

One of my accounts is: GE-A-******
But the welcome mail came without a password.

Thank you for your support
Kind Regards
Michael

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrtjavaconsumer
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Removing your machine ID and making this question public.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @michael.theimer

Just to confirm this was resolved by activating the Reset Password option on the provisioning site, which resulted in you receiving the Welcome email, you were then able to set your password and successfully connect + receive data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @michael.theimer

RRTO Account Set-Up:

I suggest you check the step-by-step guide on "Getting Started for Machine ID" section of the Getting Start with Refinitiv Data Platform article.

Quick Start

You can use the EMA Java example "ex450_MP_QueryServiceDiscovery" as your starting point. The EMA Java Quick Start guide with that example is available here.

The "30 minutes to create a Real-Time Optimized consumer application | EMA Java" video tutorial on https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/video-catalog page is also helpful.

You can use a ready-to-use Refinitiv AMI on Amazon AWS to create a quick development environment, please see more detail in this article.

Hope these help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

In addition to what @wasin.waeosri mentioned, the password email will be different and follow the welcome email separately.

It will contain a one time use link to create your machine password.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
75 1 3 7

Thank you Umer!!!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.