Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 2

Can't pull data via Excel's Refintiv extension

Hello. When using the formula builder in Excel to pull historical data (e.g. RIC aDECUNPQ/A), I get no results.

As you can see in the picture below, the formula in the bottom starts with =RDP.HistoricalPricing. When I previously stated this issue, I received an answer where the formula instead started with =RHistorical. Trying to manually replicate the formula yields no results either as Excel tells me it cannot understand the formula.

With my formula builder, I can insert the instrument itself, however not change the interval or any other parameter and, therefore, not receive any output.

I'm very grateful for any advice.

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
problem1.png (52.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @modav001

For Eikon Excel question, you can contact Refinitiv Helpdesk.

The Refinitiv Helpdesk can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

I think this is what you are looking for.

Please follow these steps:

Here is the result:

The formula is:

=RHistory("aDECUNPQ/A","ECONOMIC.Timestamp;ECONOMIC.Value","INTERVAL:1MO",,"TSREPEAT:NO CH:Fd",B2)

ahs1.jpg (141.8 KiB)
ahs2.jpg (149.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 2 2 2

Thanks a lot for your answer @chavalit.jintamalit and I have followed these steps until number 4. There i do not see any category (Economic indicator). At the same time, my automated formula in the bottom is already different from yours (=RDP.HistoricalPricing instead of=RHistory).
Also, when copying your formula I get an error message saying "There's a problem with this formula".

And I checked, Refinitiv is online and updated.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @modav001

This seems to be an issue specific to your machine.

Please open a ticket to the Refinitiv Helpdesk as advised.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.