question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

login details

Hi, to login, I am using the following config:

\Connections\Connection_RSSL1\rsslPort = "14002"

\Connections\Connection_RSSL1\ServerList = "<adshost>"

\Connections\Connection_RSSL1\connectionType = "RSSL" \Connections\Connection_RSSL1\logEnabled = true

\Connections\Connection_RSSL1\UserName = "firstname.lastname@companydomain"

\Connections\Connection_RSSL1\InstanceId = "123"

\Connections\Connection_RSSL1\ApplicationId = "180"

\Connections\Connection_RSSL1\Position = "127.0.0.1/net" \Connections\Connection_RSSL1\ServiceName = "NIP" \Connections\Connection_RSSL1\fieldDictionaryFilename = "../etc/RDM/RDMFieldDictionary" \Connections\Connection_RSSL1\enumTypeFilename = "../etc/RDM/enumtype.def" \Connections\Connection_RSSL1\downloadDataDict = false

It is currently not working. I am not sure about the Username, InstanceId and ApplicationId and Position. What shall I use? where can I find that information?

treprfarfa-apilog-in
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9
@haining.zha

Is this your own ADS server? if so please contact your TREP admin for DACS username and service name you can used to request the data. Or contact Account team if you are using EMS hosted by Thomson Reuters.

What application are you using? is this RFA C++/.NET Consumer applicaiton?

The following configs are not RFA configuration, it should be application configuration and it should not set under Connetion_RSSL1.

\Connections\Connection_RSSL1\logEnabled = true

\Connections\Connection_RSSL1\UserName = "firstname.lastname@companydomain"

\Connections\Connection_RSSL1\InstanceId = "123"

\Connections\Connection_RSSL1\ApplicationId = "180"

\Connections\Connection_RSSL1\Position = "127.0.0.1/net" \Connections\Connection_RSSL1\ServiceName = "NIP" \Connections\Connection_RSSL1\fieldDictionaryFilename = "../etc/RDM/RDMFieldDictionary"

\Connections\Connection_RSSL1\enumTypeFilename = "../etc/RDM/enumtype.def" \Connections\Connection_RSSL1\downloadDataDict = false

Application use the DACS user when sending OMM login request to the ADS server, RFA does not send this to the server when initialize the RFA session. Default App ID should be 256 and position should be "<ip address of your PC>/net"

If you want to test a connection to your ADS server , I suggest you try our exmaple StarterConsumer

You can set you ADS server details in ExampleRFA.cfg

\Connections\Connection_RSSL\connectionType= "RSSL" \Connections\Connection_RSSL\rsslPort = "14002" \Connections\Connection_RSSL\hostName= "<your ads host>"

And then set your application configuration in StarterConsumer.cfg

Just modify the following config and leave other configs as default.

\service= "<Service Name on ADS>"

\userName= "<Your DACS User>"

\itemName= "<Item Name>"

If you still unable to connect to the server please provide output from rfa.log and console output usually write in StarterConsumer_<pid>.log.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.