Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 2 3

How to request an API key

Hello,

I am trying to connect Python (on my laptop) to Eikon (on my school server) using vpn.

When I asked if it is possible to my local Refinitiv representative, he told me that he could approve it from his end if I had an API key.

Would anyone be able to help me with how and where I can request an API key?

Thank you so much in advance.

Best,

Samuel.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapp-key
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@kimsamuel

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@kimsamuel

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@kimsamuel

To use Eikon Data APIs, your code must be running on the same machine where Eikon desktop application is running. I don't see how you could use Eikon Data APIs in the scenario you describe: your code running on your laptop and Eikon running on a remote machine at your school.
To generate the app key required for Eikon Data APIs, see instructions in the Quick Start guide for Eikon Data APIs on this portal.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.