For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 5 5 9

DSS migration for ThomsonReuters.Dss.Core.RestApi.Common

Hello Team,

We have got recently an email says that DSS services are going to be migrated to a new refinitiv service (instead of TR service).

We have a .net application which uses the below DSS dll's:

1. ThomsonReuters.Dss.Core.RestApi.Common.

2. ThomsonReuters.Dss.RestApi.Client

The host is:

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1

My question:

Do we have to change/replace the above dll's too or the change is only needed with the host?

If change needed, how do we get the new dll's?

Thanks,

Aharon

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss.netmigration
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

@aharonya

The current version of the DSS server is 14.5 so you need to use the DSS .NET SDK version 14.5 which is available here. The file names of DLLs are still ThomsonReuters.Dss.*.

In the code, you need to:

1. Change the namespaces from “ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api” to “DataScope.Select.Api”

2. Change the DSS URI from “https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/” to “https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/”

For more information, please refer to the Refinitiv Datascope Select API Migration Tutorial.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9 5 5 9

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai What's the latest supported .NET platform? Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

@aharonya

According to the Getting Started (Using the .NET SDK), it supports .NET framework 4.5+.

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai Sorry, I don't have access for this tutorial.. Is it compatible with .NET standard 2.0?

@aharonya

The DSS .NET SDK doesn't support .NET Core or .NET Standard.

Upvotes
5 3 3 3

I have a similar question. I was under the impression that the new URLS required 15.0 which release was just delayed again.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @waynes,

New URLs can be used directly at this time as per Migration tutorial like in the answer by @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai; however, DSS SDK release 15.0 was delayed, and is scheduled for June 19-20, please refer to the bottom of DSS Downloads page for the information on preliminary SDK and preliminary C# example.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.