For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
95 7 12 25

Rebranding - clarifications

Hi,

I need some clarifications about the impacts of Refinitiv rebranding activity.

Let me suppose the case of EMA C++, which is impacted by the rebranding.

1. A customer of mine uses an old version of my application, linking a not-rebranded version of the EMA library. Can they still use it after July 2021?
  2. I need to release a patch of this old version of my application (e.g. due to a bug in my application logic), but the application is still linking a not-rebranded version of the EMA library. Can still I do it after July 2021?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards,

Paolo

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrt
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
206 1 0 1

Hi @Paolo Parlapiano,

cc: @umer.nalla

I concur with Umer; after 31st July 2021, Refinitiv cannot publish code containing references to 'Thomson Reuters'. However, it is not a problem for you to release a patch of your product that uses a non-rebranded version of the EMA C++ API after July 2021. Non-rebranded versions will continue to work beyond that date.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Tirthankar

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the confirmation

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Paolo Parlapiano

Just to confirm the official position post-July 2021

Older version will not be supported (including emergency/blocker issues). Publishing code that references “Thomson Reuters” will result in a claim of trademark infringement against Refinitiv.

• All fixes will be done on the newly rebranded version.

• Customers can continue to use an unsupported old version. NOT RECOMMENDED.

Therefore, based on the above, you could continue to use older versions and release a patch for your application built with the older version.

However, if your customer reports an issue - which turns out to be an EMA issue and you report the issue to Refinitiv, we will only provide a fix for that issue using a newer rebranded version of EMA.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
95 7 12 25

Hi @umer.nalla,

thanks for the quick reply.

Actually, I thought that "Publishing code that references “Thomson Reuters” will result in a claim of trademark infringement against Refinitiv." matched the point 2. of my original question.

I now understand that this is something different, but what precisely?

Thanks again

Paolo

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Paolo Parlapiano

I assumed that meant if we as Refinitiv publish code containing Thomson Reuters.

I will ask the API Product owner to confirm.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks, looking forward for a confirmation.

Best regards,

Paolo

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.