Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 1 1 2

Retrieve ISIN from company name using Rsearch

Hi,

I am interested in doing something similar to what is done in this question: https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/23220/ric-symbol-from-stock-name.html, but instead of retrieving the RIC-code I want to search for the ISIN-code. I was able to retrieve RIC-codes using the answer in the question, but am not able to find what criteria can be included in an Rsearch request anywhere, as all links in related questions about the Rsearch function are outdated.

I am using Refinitiv Eikon - Microsoft Excel just like the user that asked the above question. I hope someone is able to help.

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apisearchsymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@liv.i.lamoy

RSearch function does not return ISINs. You can use TR.CommonName field as criteria in Screener expression, e.g.

=@TR("SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))/*UNV:Public*/), Contains(TR.CommonName,""Apple Inc""), CURN=USD)","TR.CommonName;TR.ISIN","curn=USD RH=In CH=Fd")

Follow the Screener wizard to explore the options and help you construct Screener expression that fits your use case. To open the Screener wizard click on the Screener button under Refinitiv Eikon tab in Excel ribbon.

Alternatively you can use RSearch function to return the RIC and then convert the RIC to ISIN using =TR function with TR.ISIN field, e.g.

=TR(A1,"TR.ISIN")

In the above A1 is the reference to the cell containing the RIC returned by RSearch.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

Hi @liv.i.lamoy,

Are you looking for something like this:

ek.get_symbology(['XS2262853422', 'XS2252513713'], from_symbol_type="ISIN")

10881-ahs.png

ahs.png (12.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
16 1 1 2

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. Not exactly, it looks like you are using Python or some similar program, while I am using Excel with the Refinitiv Eikon add-in. I want to use Rsearch in a similar way to the previous question I shared, e.g., 10891-image.png

Is it possible to look up the ISIN-code (the ticker code would also be helpful) using the company name in a similar way to how you can look up RIC-codes using the Rsearch function?

image.png (4.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
17k 80 39 63

Hi @liv.i.lamoy,

Sorry, misunderstood. Have you tried using the Screener app within Excel?

10876-image.png

Which is effectively this formula:

=TR("SCREEN(U(IN(AAPL.OQ)/*UNV:Public*/))","TR.CommonName;TR.ISIN;TR.CommonName","curn=USD RH=In CH=Fd")

Refer to this question as well: https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/49094/convert-tickers-to-rics-with-excel.html

image.png (100.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
16 1 1 2

I have, but it did not seem like I could reference cells with company names to look up the ISIN-codes or tickers using this app like with Rsearch. How would you reference cells in the Screener app?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.