Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

How can I retrieve a list of instruments form a monitor using Python?

Dear Refinitiv team,

I have created a Monitor in the Eikon frontend which itself contains a list of instruments. Is there a possibility to specify that Monitor and retrieve a list of all RICs corresponding to the instruments in the Monitor by using Python and CodeBook?

Furthermore, I want to ask whether there is a possibility to specify an Index or similar and retrieve all RICs corresponding to the Instruments in it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Jakob

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apicodebook
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jakob.neu

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@jakob.neu

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@jakob.neu Yes its really simple - to get all RICs from a monitor simply refer to it the instrument section of the API call as follows:

df,err = ek.get_data('Monitor("Monitor 18")', ['CF_CLOSE'])
df

1624607375168.png

For the second part of your question thats really easy as well - all indices should start with a . for example .FTSE, .SPX etc to get the constituents simply put a 0# before them eg 0#.FTSE or 0#.SPX and this will return the index constituents:

df,err = ek.get_data(['0#.FTSE'], ['CF_CLOSE'])
df

1624607375168.png (44.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.