question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 3 6

I am trying to understand some of the news codes in the response. Where can I get more information?

I am trying to understand some of the news codes in the response. Where can I get more information?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @neri.wong

Can you provide a bit more context here? Which API and a sample response you are referring to?

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @neri.wong,

In addition to the answers provided by @wasin.waeosri, please also refer to Machine Readable News - News codes on My Refinitiv.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @neri.wong

If you are using RDP APIs, there is the News API User and Design Guide document on the API document download page. Did you check it yet?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 3 3 6

@umer.nalla

Client is using RDP API.

/data/news/v1/headlines

Below is a sample response. What does the code highlighted in yellow means? And do you have a list of those codes?

{

"data": [

{

"storyId": "urn:newsml:reuters.com:20210625:nPDT59D3E9:1",

"newsItem": {

"_version": 1,

"contentMeta": {

"audience": [

{

"_qcode": "NP:PLYU"

}

],

"creator": [

{

"_qcode": "NS:PUDT",

"_role": "sRole:source"

}

],

"infoSource": [

{

"_role": "sRole:source"

},

{

"_role": "sRole:origProv"

}

],

"language": [

{

"_tag": "en"

}

],

"subject": [

{

"_qcode": "M:2CS"

},

{

"_qcode": "U:C"

},

{

"_qcode": "M:1ZX"

},

{

"_qcode": "M:1QD"

},

{

"_qcode": "M:2CX"

},

{

"_qcode": "A:4"

},

{

"_qcode": "U:77"

},

{

"_qcode": "M:1ZT"

}

],

"urgency": {

"$": 3

}

},

"itemMeta": {

"firstCreated": {

"$": "2021-06-25T11:30:28.738Z"

},

"versionCreated": {

"$": "2021-06-25T11:30:28.738Z"

},

"title": [

{

"$": "EDC and VCM prices quote stable in the USA"

}

]

}

}

},

{

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 3 3 6

Highlighted is "_qcode": "U:C"

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @neri.wong

the customer can download the News Codes from My.Refinitv - Machine Readable News - News codes

The above contains a spreadsheet with coded e.g.:

U:C NRG

Energy MarketsProduction and consumption of physical energy products, including coal, gas, oil, power, renewable energy and emissions; market reports on and pricing of these commodities and their derivative instruments.CommodityA:4

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 3 3 6

@umer.nalla and @zoya.farberov ,

Thank you for the help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.