For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 4 9 11

RFA - Chain RIC snapshot

Hi Team

Please can I ask when registering a chain ric, how can I get its content by snapshot than adding it to my watchlist? Is there any sample/tutorials please?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrtjava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Xiaorong

All versions of the RFA SDK include Chain example called StarterConsumer_Chain

They can modify the code so that when making the initial chain request, they specify a non-streaming request e.g.

Java:

ommMsg.setIndicationFlags(OMMMsg.Indication.NONSTREAMING | OMMMsg.Indication.REFRESH);

C++:

reqMsg.setInteractionType(ReqMsg::InitialImageFlag );

.NET:

reqMsg.InteractionType = ReqMsg.InteractionTypeFlag.InitialImage;

NOTE: the SendRequest, SentItemRequest function in all the examples is used for the Chain subscription as well as the constituent subscription - so they may need to change the code so that it uses non-streaming for the chain and streaming for the constituent RICS - as required.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you very much Nalla~
your welcome.

Note that when posting an API question, please try and post the language version as well e.g Java. C++ etc - as sometimes the code varies slightly between the versions.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.