For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 4

Intraday Embargoed data problem C# app

Hi,

I tried to get the Intraday embargoed data via C# Console app(RESTAPI) . I can get the data 15 mins delay via postman app but on my C# app(RESTAPI) no data returns. Does it have any tricks to get the data on code? I increased the timeout but nothing has changed.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssc#.netextractionembargo
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
77.5k 242 52 72

@eren

In the C# code, you need to check the HTTP status code in the response.

If the status code is 202, it means that the extraction result is still not ready. Therefore, you need to get the Location of URL from the HTTP headers.

1625129666966.png

Use that URL in the Location to query for the result. The result is ready when the HTTP status code is 200.

Please refer to the following tutorials:

Moreover, you are using the old endpoint: https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/. Please update the code to use the new endpoint: https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/. Moreover, with the new endpoint, the @data.type in the body should be changed from ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.* to DataScope.Select.Api.*, as shown below.

{
  "ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.IntradayPricingExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": [
      "RIC",
      "Mid Spread",
      "Universal Bid Ask Date",
      "Settlement Date",
      "Close Mark Mid Spread",
      "Last Price",
      "Close Yield",
      "Trade Date"
    ],
    "IdentifierList": {
      "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
      "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
        {
          "Identifier": "TRGV5YUSAC=R",
          "IdentifierType": "Ric"
        },

For more information, please refer to Refinitiv Datascope Select API Migration Tutorial.

1625129666966.png (28.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
77.5k 242 52 72

@eren

Please provide the request message used in Postman and the C# code.

Then, we can verify why it returns the different data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 4

Here is my C# code part where i tried to retrieve data.

ss.png

ss.png (15.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

My postman app request body : PostmanCURL.txt

My C# code request body : jsonBodyRequest.txt

postmancurl.txt (6.9 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.