Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

TR.FOLastTradingDate not available through the Python API

I don't seem to be able to get TR.FOLastTradingDate for some rics using the Python API. I'm able to get it through DIB though. The strange thing is once I have looked it up using DIB, it becomes available through the Python API. Maybe it is cached somewhere? The main question is why can't I get this field TR.FOLastTradingDate for example for the following rics:

ADZ6^1, ADZ5^1, ADU8^1, ADU7^1, ADU6^1, ADM8^1, ADM7^1, ADM6^1, ADH8^1, ADH7^1, ADH6^1, CN7^1, CK8^1, CK7^1

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@quan.zheng

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@quan.zheng The RICs you are requesting are all expired rics but I can receive data for all of them. I hope this can help.

rics = ['ADZ6^1', 'ADZ5^1', 'ADU8^1', 'ADU7^1', 'ADU6^1', 'ADM8^1', 'ADM7^1', 'ADM6^1', 'ADH8^1', 'ADH7^1', 'ADH6^1', 'CN7^1','CK8^1', 'CK7^1']

df, err = ek.get_data(rics, "TR.FOLastTradingDate")

df

1625533422009.png

1625533422009.png (83.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The rics I mentioned here was a subset of the rics I used. It appears if you have a long list (say 100 rics) Eikon doesn't return TR.FOLastTradingDate for all rics. However if you split this in smaller subsets (say 20 each time), Eikon doesn't have a problem returning TR.FOLastTradingDate for all rics.

@quan.zheng Well not sure how many other fields you are requesting as well at the same time - but there are API limits. So please be aware of those - in some cases it will be a silent failing - so returning NAs when over the limit, in other cases if data limits are hit a pause in usage until the next day could also happen. I hope this can help.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.