question

Upvotes
Accepted
28 9 8 14

Unable to obtain all quotes for an exchange?

Dear Team,

I have been experimenting with the various possible search criteria that are documented on:

https://permid.org/search

One of the examples is:

exchange:NYS

but it appears that the results are being truncated to 2000 quotes.

How would I access all the quotes on the NYS?

Regards,

David

permid-apiintelligent-tagging-apiopen-permid-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Contacted PGO Support Permid.

Hello @david.snowsill

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@david.snowsill

I got a confirmation from the development team that 2000 is a maximum limit for the results of each entity type.

Total results showing on UI is the addition of organization, instrument and quotes count individually. Each of them is fetched by sending an individual request to get a maximum of 2000 results.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@david.snowsill

Yes, it shows 2000 quotes on the website.

1627380878373.png

I will contact the PermID support team to confirm the limitation.

1627380878373.png (28.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
28 9 8 14

Hi,

Any further thoughts on the 2000 quotes limitation on the entity search API?

Given the documentation suggests that you can obtain all quotes for an exchange this appears to be a bug/oversight.

Regards,

David

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
28 9 8 14

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm a little confused on how I can retrieve the complete list of quotes that are available on an exchange as per the example on the website (i.e. exchange:NY) if it's limited to 2000 quotes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

D

icon clock
10 |1500

@david.snowsill

Sorry. We do not have any features available right now to get results more than 2000.

You can send feedback to the product team (permid.feedback@refinitiv.com).

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.