question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

No market price update today, but it worked last week

Hi,

I'm using RDP optimization. Last week I could access real time without any problem. However, on this Monday, when I run sample program "CSharpRdpGwExamples_VS150", there is no price update. I ensure that I subscribe to "EUR=".
The connection still working because the sample program keep refresh the token very 27 secs. All link, user/password all same without change. No error message either.

Please provide me some clue to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @hasanderonn ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @hasanderonn ,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @hasanderonn

Just to confirm the service discovery example on Github has been updated with the fixes

websocket-api/MarketPriceRdpGwServiceDiscoveryExample.cs at master · Refinitiv/websocket-api (github.com)

There were some other minor fixes also applied to the source - so I would recommend using the latest version.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @hasanderonn ,

Let us try to verify the issue:

Are you running the first example MarketPriceEdpGwAuthenticationExample that connects to a specific endpoint?

Are you connecting to one of the new, tiered endpoints, for example amer-3-t1.streaming-pricing-api.refinitiv.com for your assigned tier, or old non-tiered, for example amer-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com ( these may not be working anymore)

Are you supplying your personal valid credentials, machineId, password, clientId?

--

I have tested this example with my creds, against amer (my geo region) - I do not seem to reproduce the issue this way.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @hasanderonn ,

If you are running example MarketPriceEdpGwServiceDiscoveryExample,

you may need to use the workaround and modification to example code that is discussed in this previous discussion thread, i.e.

try
            {
                HttpWebResponse webResponse = (HttpWebResponse)webRequest.GetResponse();

//                if (webResponse.ContentLength > 0)
                if (webResponse.GetResponseHeader("Transfer-Encoding").Equals("chunked") || webResponse.ContentLength > 0)
                    {

or please await for this modification to be propagated into GitHub Refinitiv examples

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.