question

Upvotes
Accepted
22 3 3 5

404 error when pulling I/B/E/S data

Hi, I am trying to get I/B/E/S data through the refinitiv API with python but I keep on getting a 404 error. I use python 3.7 and this is the endpoint I use:

https://api.refinitiv.com/data/estimates/beta1/viewsummary/annual

My authorizations are fine, I run other code examples and I get the data correctly. Also I am using IBM.N as universe and basic as package. This is the error I get:

Unable to get data. Code 404, Message: 404 page not found

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

pythonrdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformerror-404estimates
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @sc11214

Thanks for sharing - there is a typo in your code

As per my above post, it should be

endpoint_URL = "/view-summary/annual"

note the '-' between view and summary

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Great that works. Thanks a lot
Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi, yes I did try but I get the same error
Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @sc11214

Can you please share the code snippet you are using? You can attach it as a .txt file (removing any credentials or other confidential information).

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi, sure thanks. I basically use the code sample provided by refinitiv and I make a few changes to get the estimates code_snippet.txt

the rdpToken library is the one provided by refinitive and it works as I am able to run the other examples

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.