We use the EikonDesktopDataApi in a C++-COM-Environment. The program uses EikonDesktopDataApi::Initialize() to connect to Eikon.
1) Working scenario: If we start and login into Eikon separately using the official Desktop-Eikon-Client prior to starting our application everything works fine. After EikonDesktopDataApi::Initialize() the OnStatusChanged callback is triggered - everything runs fine.
2) Problem scenario: If we do not login prior into Eikon separately then the OnStatusChanged is never triggered.
This is what happens:
- EikonDesktopDataApi::Initialize() is called which returns Success.
- The Eikon login dialog is launched.
- After "sign in" the Eikon toolbar is shown on the desktop but is frozen and does not respond to mouse or keyboard. Also the callback function OnStatusChanged in our application is never called.
- Then Eikon has to be killed using the windows task manager
Scenario 2 used to work until a few weeks ago. The software was not changed, but Eikon was periodically updated.
Does anybody has a hint how to resolve this?