question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 0 1 2

Java package missing com.thomsonreuters.rfa.valueadd.util?

Hi,

I'm trying to put the latest Java RFA library into an OSGI package however am getting an error saying that it requires the com.thomsonreuters.rfa.valueadd.util library

OSGI requires all imports and references to be successfully resolved but I can't find the util library in the 8.0.1 JAR.

Any ideas?

Regards
Adrian

pythontreprfarfa-apijava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@adrian.lai

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
36 1 2 4

When I unzip rfaj8.0.1.E2.zip there are 3 ValueAdd jars in the Libs directory next to the rfa JAR file (ValueAdd_Admin.jar, ValueAdd_Cache.jar & ValueAdd_DomainRep.jar). I think that ValueAdd_DomainRep.jar contains the com.thomsonreuters.rfa.valueadd.util package.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I also have the same thought with @gerard, this package name can be found in ValueAdd_DomainRep.jar only.

@adrian.lai, please confirm whether the issue can be resolved as @gerard's advised or not.

Hi Nipat,

Yes that's correct, I found that in the end, it would be good to be included as part of the RFA jar in future as if it is required for things like OSGI or included as part of the build, the build will fail at run time when it requires that library which in the documentation does not say that the additional jars are required.

But thanks @gerard for the answer.

Cheers

Adrian

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.