Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Data limit reached?

I downloaded a rather large amount of data via the Eikon API for R. After requesting two data points for ~5000 companies, the code stopped working and now returns "Error in print.default("HTTP Error, code= ", response$status_code, sep = "") :

invalid printing digits 407"

I suspect, that a limit has been reached. Nevertheless, I still need quite a lot more data. Is there a way to reset the limit?

Thank you,

Maximilian Fellhuber

eikonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirapi-limitseikon-data-api-r
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @maximilian.fellhuber ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@maximilian.fellhuber So the data limits for the Eikon Data API are here. There are a number of throttling limits in place to prevent abuse of the service. It really depends which throttle you have hit - if you hit your daily API call limits you will need to wait until midnight local time on your OS to be able to get data again. I must say that the limit for a get_data() API call is around 10,000 data points. If you requested 2 data points for 5K companies you should be fine. Are you able to run new requests now or are they all throwing errors? I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
39.4k 77 11 27

@maximilian.fellhuber

It seems you're sending a lot of requests to Eikon platform. Are you retrieving each data point for each company in a separate request? If this is what you do, you may rather quickly exhaust the daily requests limit documented under Eikon Data API Usage and Limits Guidelines. I would recommend that you consolidate your data retrieval. get_data method of Eikon Data APIs is capable of retrieving multiple data items for multiple instruments in a single call. This may depend on the data items, but most likely 2 datapoints for 5K companies can be retrieved in a single request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.