question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 6

Getting started posting data

I want to publish bids and offers for many trading pairs.

I find the amount of documentation quite overwhelming.
I received this link: https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/refinitiv-real-time-opnsrc/rt-sdk-cc/tutorials#ema-consumer-posting-data-to-contribution-channel describing a "consumer" that posts to a contribution channel.

So first question: isn't a consumer supposed to consume data? This one seems to be posting :)

Either way, I'm looking for some guidance on how to connect.

What's the typical workflow here, do I connect to a server on your side and start sending data? If so, what is the IP:PORT?

I already have a machine account and password.

c++connection
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

Hello @m.rodriguesdossantos ,

Consumer primarily consume data and Providers publish data. Posting is a feature of consumer where a consuming application can value-add the consumed data and post it back to system, for other applications to consume. The kind of posting that you are using with Refinitiv contributions channel is called off-stream posting. i.e. a consumer does not consume but rather post data on the login stream.

Please note that we also support RCC contributions using Websocket API which are easier to use, if you prefer. Here is the link to the tutorial. Start with the readymade sample in Python and then you can use any programming language with Websockets.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @m.rodriguesdossantos

Traditionally speaking, contributions often came from the client-side e.g. a desktop-user consuming some data, modifying it and then contributing the data internally or to Refinitiv. Hence, the Posting functionality is included in the Consumer interface.

Providers are used for publishing data for internal use - usually in much larger volumes than contributions.

The above tutorial is probably the best guide - please work through it - assuming you are contributing to our RCC system over the internet and using C++ (if this is not the case please confirm)

In terms of connectivity - you should have received endpoints to connect to in an email from Refinitiv - if not please speak to your internal market data team or Refinitiv Account team.

They would look something like:

TEST: contrib1-emea1.uat.platform.refinitiv.com / contrib2-emea1.uat.platform.refinitiv.com

PROD: contrib1-emea1.platform.refinitiv.com / contrib2-emea1.platform.refinitiv.com

But these may not be the correct ones for your organisation - so please confirm as mentioned above.

The port should be 443 as described in the above tutorial.

You should also have been provided some TEST rics to contribute too as well - if not speak to your Refinitiv account team or internal Market Data team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.