question

Upvotes
Accepted
33 9 13 31

EMA: RTO channel type and location settings

1. Is that possible to connect specifically to the address ap-southeast-1-aws-3-med.optimized-pricing-api.refinitiv.net:14002 rather than the general location setting, e.g., 'ap-southeast'?

2. Can we set the 'location' in the EmaConfig.xml as 'us-east-1a' or 'us-east-1b' (i.e., at the availability zone level)?

3. Is the channel type must be 'RSSL_ENCRYPTED' for RTO?

rrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Frederic

We do not recommend specifying specific endpoints - in case the server is not available or is renamed etc - better to use Service Discovery (example 450) or Session Management (example 113) to select the name to use.

I was able to set us-east-1a but us-east-1b did not work for me - could be my credentials not sure?

And yes RTO requires an Encrypted connection -as you are going over the internet.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.