question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 3

Return all active fixed-rate Australia government bonds using the rdp.Search.search function in Python

pythonrdp-apipython apirdp search
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Edward

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
399 4 5 9

Hi @Edward here is an example of a code based on your specification:

df = rdp.search(
    view = rdp.SearchViews.FixedIncomeInstruments,
    filter = "IssuerCountry eq 'AU' and CouponClass eq 'FIX' and \
            AssetTypeDescription eq 'Sovereign' and IsActive eq true and not(AssetStatus in ('MAT' 'DC'))",
    select = "RIC, ISIN, DocumentTitle, IssuerCountry, CouponClass, MaturityDate, IssueDate, \
                CouponRatePercent, FaceIssuedTotal, AssetTypeDescription",
    top = 10000
)
df

In the example above I request RIC, ISIN and several other properties in my 'select' field. You may want to request other fields as well as use other filtering criteria.

This code will provide you the list of available properties for search view 'FixedIncomeInstruments':

meta = rdp.get_search_metadata(view = rdp.SearchViews.FixedIncomeInstruments)
meta

You will find a lot of useful examples of using search in this article. Additionally, this article greatly simplifies the challenges of discovering financial properties. Please refer to those for more details and specifications.

I hope this was helpful and please feel free to let me know should you have any further questions.

Attaching the code output here:

1639476929577.png

1639476929577.png (71.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.