For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 0 0 3

Receiving error 401 on WC1 when using the provided keys

I am trying to send API requests to the Pilot environment and getting a 401 response. This is tested from Postman and from the Refinitiv KYC application.

Case : 10977791 was logged and referred me to this page.

I believe the keys i have been provided are incorrect and we require new keys to be generated for our company.

Advise what do you require to get this sorted?

world-check-oneerror-401
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
1.4k 5 2 2

Hi @FanieT

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Whenever you encounter 401 error which basically means that the request has failed an authorization check. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as an invalid or expired API key, an invalid HMAC signature or a request timing issue/problem with the Date header value. You should ensure a correctly synchronized clock is used to generate request timestamps.

Moreover, we would like you to please confirm which pilot account you are using to initiate the API calls
The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited - API - (PILOT) ?
The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited - API-ZFS (Pilot) ?

Furthermore, we would request you to kindly help us with the complete "Request header with body and the response headers"

Please note: Re-generation of API keys are available on the World Check One UI, please find the steps below:

1. Login to WC1 UI via https://worldcheck.refinitiv.com/
2. Click on Admin.
3. Click on users.
4. Select the user for which you wants to re-generate the API keys.
5. Click on Regenerate API key
1645702252113.png

Thanks
Vivek Kumar Singh

1645702252113.png (10.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.