For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Watchlist Maintenance

May I ask if the Watchlist maintenance method can only be selected through UI or API?

Once I apply to maintain the Watchlist through the API, can I no longer maintain it through the UI?

What jobs might be restricted and unavailable?

world-check-onewatchlist
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @rainwen7482 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi @rainwen7482,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
984 5 1 5

Hi @rainwen7482 , Thanks for reaching out to us! Sorry for the delay in response.

Watchlist maintenance can be done through API and UI.

Once you applied to maintain the watchlist through the API you can no longer maintain it through the UI. Moreover, you can switch the functionality from API to UI.

Note: It's not recommended to switch the watchlist functionality from API to UI.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. @anisetti.saikiranreddy

1. I want to understand the impact when Watchlist is switched from UI mode to API mode.

In terms of functions, only the maintenance list of Watchlist cannot be edited, and the status query function of Watchlist is closed. Is this understanding correct?

2. It is not recommended to switch back to UI mode from API mode. What are the considerations?

3. Why does Refinitiv not open API mode and UI mode at the same time, so it is more convenient for users.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @rainwen7482

Please find the comments below.

1. Yes! your understanding is correct in terms of functions when watchlist is switched from UI to API.

2. The consideration of not to switch the watchlist functionality from API to UI is The UI limits the amount of data per profile that can be uploaded and maintained in a Watchlist CSV. API access is less restrictive.

3. Most clients access it via one or the other. However, it is in our pipeline and will let you know once we had update on that.

Thanks.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.