question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

PYDSWS ds.getdata does not work

Hello,

I have an issue with the API trying to retrieve any data from Datastream using PYDSWS.
I've tested the connection and I successfully get the token.

It seems that the response from Datastream has changed or failed.

I have been using the request for years and I have not changed it.

I tried a simple and trivial request to check if it still gives me an error message and it does.

I copy below the kind of error I get:

"""

a= ds.get_data(tickers='VOD', fields='P,MV,VO', start='-10D', end='-0D', freq='D')

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\raiteri\AppData\Local\Temp/ipykernel_20332/2751661119.py", line 1, in <module>

a= ds.get_data(tickers='VOD', fields='P,MV,VO', start='-10D', end='-0D', freq='D')

File "C:\Users\raiteri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\PyDSWS\datastream.py", line 102, in get_data

df = self.from_json_to_df(response)

File "C:\Users\raiteri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\PyDSWS\datastream.py", line 41, in from_json_to_df

if response_json['Dates']:

KeyError: 'Dates'

"""

Thanks in advance

Eugenio

pythondatastream-apipython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @eugenio.raiteri,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @eugenio.raiteri

I want to add the additional information that the PyDSWS library is a 3rd-party library (not Refinitiv official product), so you can contact the library developer directly via GitHub https://github.com/hoenie-ams/PyDSWS/issues page to report any issues about the API call.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@eugenio.raiteri Hi - this is working for me:

a= ds.get_data(tickers='VOD', fields=['P','MV','VO'], start='-10D', end='0D', freq='D')
a

the fields need to be put into an array to be well formed. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

@eugenio.raiteri

You may check the response with the http://product.datastream.com/DswsClient/Docs/TestRestV1.aspx website.

First, use the Get Token method to get a token.

Then, use the token with the Data (HTTP GET) method to get the data. Next, check the response.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Thanks to everyone.
It was probably due the fact that Refinitv changed the URL of the request as pointed out by @wasin.w .
Best regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.