question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Can I get to know how to use Python API and then how to do batch downloads for company's financials?

Posting this query on behalf of client -

(email address: xxxxx )

Here's the client question:

I need to download data (balance sheet, income statement and cash flow) for many companies. I would be highly grateful if you could send me the Python codes of how to do same and how to connect using Refinitiv API for that task. Please let me know if there is another way to do this bulky download faster.

pythonapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

email address: iiramii3@gmail.com

<private post>hi @Gilhang.MayAnne ,

I've removed the client's email address from the post and put it in the private comment.

Could you please clarify more about which Refinitiv API that client is going to use? is it Eikon Data API or RDP API/libraries or others, so we could assist properly?

Hi @Gilhang.MayAnne,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@Gilhang.MayAnne

There are a lot of examples available in CodeBook.

The client can start with EX_01_04_01__Eikon_Data_API_Get_Data.ipynb in the /__Examples__/01. Data Retrieval & Discovery/01.04. Eikon Data API/ directory that demonstrates how to use the get_data() function to retrieve Fundamental & Reference data and Real-time Snapshot data from Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace.

You can specify the list of RICs and fields in the get_data method.

df, err = ek.get_data(['GOOG.O','MSFT.O', 'FB.O'], ['TR.Revenue','TR.GrossProfit'])
df

You can also use the Data Item Browser (DIB) or Code Creator (CODECR) tool to search for available fields.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi Raksina, I already ask the client and will keep you posted once I hear from him. thankyou!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Client confirmed that it is for Refinitiv API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Any updates on this please?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
79.2k 251 52 74

@Gilhang.MayAnne

If the client has an Eikon or Workspace account, they can use Eikon Data API or CodeBook. There are a lot of Examples available in CodeBook that show how to use our APIs.

If the client doesn't have an Eikon account, it could be other products, such as Refinitiv Data Platform, or DataScope Select.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi,

Here's the follow-up question of the client

Can you show me a specific case where Python codes have been applied for downloading data on balance sheets for some companies without the need to do it manually?

Please advise

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Any updates on this? Please advise.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi, would it be possible to contact the client directly to assist on his concern? I already advise him though to post here in Dev Forum but he still refused and wanted to be contacted..

icon clock
10 |1500

@Gilhang.MayAnne

Please confirm the Refinitiv products or APIs that the client is using.

Python is a programming language. Several APIs, such as Eikon Data API, and Refinitiv Data Platform can use with Python.

If we don't know the product or API that the client is using, we are unable to provide a sample code.

Moreover, the client can also contact the Refinitiv account team or sales team directly for any further assistance. The account team can suggest the product or API that the client can use to retrieve the required data.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi,

The client is using Eikon with Codebook if you can help with a sample for that. Much appreciated

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi,

Any updates on this please?

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.