question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

May I consider onRefresh() as the snapshot of the instrument? on RDP .NET/C#

HI, I just want to confirm that the property onRefresh() I can consider it as the initial snapshot of the instrument.

Stream stream = Factory.createStream( ItemStream.Params().session(session)

.name(instrument)

.onRefresh()

.onUpdate()

.onStatus() )

stream.open()

• onRefresh()

The callback/lambda expression used to capture the initial image containing all the specified fields for each item requested.

Thanks

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @lourdes.tovar01 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@lourdes.tovar01

Yes, you can.

The refresh message contains all available fields with the latest data of the instrument in its payload. Therefore, it can be treated as the initial snapshot of the instrument. Moreover, when you request the snapshot data, you will retrieve the data through the refresh message.

I would like to suggest using the new Refinitiv Data Library for .NET instead. Moreover, if you are interested in snapshot data (not streaming), you can refer to the 2.2.07-Pricing-StreamingSnapshot example.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, this help me a lot
Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @lourdes.tovar01

On the Refintiv Real-Time streaming data, the Refresh (aka IMAGE) message is the complete set of values (price, etc) that represents the item. It contains all possible fields available for that RIC – including any currently empty fields. The refresh messages are sent to the application via the onRefresh() callback function.

Any updates that may follow due to changes in the market will be sent to the application as the Update message. The refresh messages are sent to the application via the onUpdate() callback function.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.