question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Data regarding EPS Exclude ExtraOrd Items not matching on different API endpoints.

I am retrieving data via two endpionts: GetFinancialStatementsReports_1 and GetRatiosAndStatistics_1. The data I'm interested in is Diluted EPS Exl ExtraOrd Items by quarters, fields SDBF and QEPSXCLXOR (Quartely EPS Excl ExtraOrd Items, I assume) in the API respectively. When I'm looking at the EPS for the last available quarter for the company which reports in USD, there is no error. For example, RIC IBM.N returns 0.86 for 2022-03-31 for both endpoints. However, if I take a company which reports in any other currency, the values won't match even after manual conversion. For instance, RIC CIB:
2022-03-31
GetFinancialStatementsReports_1: Diluted EPS Exl ExtraOrd Items (SDBF) - 1800.59 (Currency COP)

GetRatiosAndStatistics_1: QEPSXCLXOR - 1.84774.

The exchange rate provided by the GetRatiosAndStatistics_1 for COP is apparently 0.00026. However, when I'm trying to convert 1800.59 * 0.00026 = 0.47 doesn't match the QEPSXCLXOR result. Could someone explain why would such a mismatch occur, please?

rkd-apirkd
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<private post>

hi @d.staroverov ,

please be informed that this question has been moved from Eikon Data API to the RKD forum.

Thanks,
AHS

@d.staroverov

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @d.staroverov

I highly recommend you contact the RKD support team directly to verify the data. You can contact the team via the https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/productsupport.html website.

contact-rkd-connect-support.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.