question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 2 5 12

ADS simulator service for performance testing

Hi,

We are developing an application using Refinitiv EMA java api that subscribes for real time data for list of RICs. We would like to do performance testing of this app. We have a requirement that we need to test with update rate at least with some 3x times of actual live updates rate.

I'm wondering about various options for having a simulator on the ADS side. Which of the below is possible and a better solution.

1. Create a TEST service on the ADS/ADH and use a NiProducer (from ex100_MP_Streaming) to send updates at what ever rate I want. My application consumes data from this TEST service.
  2. Any way to create a ADS simulator that I can run on my local. My application can connect to this simulator for data.
  3. Any better way of doing this ?

Please advise

Thanks in advance.

Mani

ema-apijavaADS
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Mani.A

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @Mani.A

There is the RTDS infrastructure test tool named testserver that might help you. The testserver is a source application or source simulator with the following features: G

• Generates (identical) images as requested and updates at controllable rates (even on the fly)
  • Playback recorded live data (recorded by testclient or created manually using any text editor).

You can use testserver to connect to RTDS components and provides image/updates for testing.

You can find more detail about how to use this tool on the Quick Start Guide to Recording and Playback of Refinitiv Real-Time Data page.

You can download the tool for the following websites:

Note: I also highly recommend you contact your local Market data team to help you with this tool.

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
15 2 5 12

Thanks @wasin.w for your quick response. This tool meets most of our requirements. I will take a look.

Is there a cost involved to use tool ?

Thanks,

Mani

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @Mani.A

I do not have any information about the cost/pricing of the Real-Time infrastructure tool, so I suggest you contact your Refinitiv presentative/Account team to get more detail about it.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.