For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
53 4 5 6

ISO Country List

Hello,

I am just trying to get round some issues with the character set of the ISO Country List API Call at /reference/countries. I have just noticed that it returns some odd characters in Postman around country codes as seen below:

CUW - Cura��ao

CIV - C��te d'Ivoire

Amongst others. the Character is a Diamond box with a question mark, I can only assume that this is a character set encoding issue which shouldn't happen if the response/request is being made via Unicode?

Can anyone shed any light on how to get round this issue?

world-checkworld-check-oneunicode
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvote
Accepted
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @john.crocker,

The two characters are ç and ô that character encoding display issues.

Curaçao and Côte d'lvoire (along with other international chars) can be typed using a couple methods. Because I often need to type international characters I setup my Windows PC to toggle between US and United States-International. (easy to do)

Using US-International keyboard mode - French C cedilla ç is simply typed by holding down the (Right Alt Key) then press <

Almost all the other accents are simply the accent key followed by the character

So in US-I more type: ^ followed by o to produce ô

ñ is ~ followed by n

I checked both Postman chrome & Postman native version and does not seem to support these accent chars. Postman Native version returns 501: Not Implemented. Perhaps its an environment issue in Postman. These chars should work properly in WC-1 application and API.

Hope this helps,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
53 4 5 6

Additionally, the same also happens for Screened Profiles as well where these characters (specifically these countries for example) exist.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
53 4 5 6

In the case of "CUW" it looks like it should render as "

Curaçao

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @john.crocker,

I'll submit a ticket to ensure the issue is checked in both the API and WC1 application.

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks Brian, I did actually login to Accelus to check there what it was rendering, and it does actually render in exactly the same way there.

Upvotes
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @john.crocker,

I verified this is fixed in the next release, due out in the December release.

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.