Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 4

Mutual fund data extraction

We have reviewed the query you raised in relation to extracting time series mutual funds domiciled in the U.S. and Europe and their holdings using API (Python) and filtering ESG from conventional mutual funds.

eikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-data-platform-librariesfunds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@RamadanEA

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@RamadanEA

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1.6k 3 2 3

@RamadanEA , Depends how do you define "ESG Funds". If you just use the Fund ESG scores say screening funds with Fund level ESG score greater than 70, then RDP Funds API can do that. However, I am not sure if you have access to RDP Funds API, it is not and "Eikon-API". It is a separate REST API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @RamadanEA , I'm not sure what you mean by 'We have reviewed the query you raised '. No queries risen would entail a question asked on this portal. Would you mind clarifying your question? Are you asking if collecting US mutual fund data is possible in Python using Refinitiv APIs? If so: yes it's possible by using the Search API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 4

Apology for copying that part "We have reviewed the query you raised"!

I need to extract list of mutual funds domiciled in the U.S and Europe

Filter ESG mutual funds from non-ESG mutual fund list

Filter active from passive funds

Then, retrieve time series holiding of these funds' lists

My question is how can retrieve the funds' lists and their time series holdings using python API, please?

Hope I made it clearer!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @RamadanEA,

This looks like a perfect use-case for the Search API. Have you had a look at it and how it may apply in your scenario?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 4

Hi @jonathan.legrand

Thank you for your reply. I had a look, but I have not figured it out yet. Maybe I will have another look!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.