Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 3 7

How to get the field names for ek.get_timeseries method?

Current, I am extracting the Price and OpenInterest data for a voluntary carbon credit product using the following formulas in excel:

=@RHistory("ONGZ2",".Timestamp;.Close","START:01-Mar-2021 INTERVAL:1D",,"SORT:ASC TSREPEAT:NO CH:IN;Fd",B2)

=@RHistory("ONGZ2","OPINT_1.Timestamp;OPINT_1.Value","START:30-Jul-2021 INTERVAL:1D",,"TSREPEAT:NO SORT:ASC CH:IN;Fd",G3)

Now, I want to get this data in python using the eikon-python api.

df= ek.get_timeseries('ONGZ2', fields=['Close'], start_date=startDate,end_date=endDate)

I now the filed name for Price as 'Close' but can't find the field name for 'Open interest' column. the codebook only suggest the code using get_data() method but now get_timeseries()

How do I find the appropriate field name here?

eikoneikon-data-apipython apicodebook
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Mohit.Rai

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Mohit.Rai

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @Mohit.Rai,

The get_timeseries API only returns the intervalalized bar data - i.e. Open/High/Low/Close etc. You can omit the fields parameter to get all the available fields. Others besides the bar fields, like Open Interest, etc are not available in timeseries API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Gurpreet Thanks for quick response. Could you kindly guide me how can I get combination of timestamp, Close price and Volume using the python api?

Maybe using the get_data() method?

get_data does not go that far in history. Here is how you could get it to recent months:

1658414422819.png

1658414422819.png (83.8 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.