question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 4 3 6

Opening the download

I have downloaded the DAC API, why is it so complicated to unzip and use the download ? I have tried unzipping with the built in program in windows 10 and it does not work:

1660574565136.png

1660574587957.png

api
1660574565136.png (8.6 KiB)
1660574587957.png (59.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @gordon.konheiser ,

<this is a private comment>

Your question appears to be about OpenDACS API and was moved to OpenDACS forum to be visible to the right dev audience

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

You will need to further unzip the installation of OpenDACS "...tar.Z" that you see in the Setup folder.

I would suggest working through Quick Start Guide and starter Tutorials for Open DACS to save you time on getting started working with OpenDACS SDK.

OpenDACS is a programmatic viewpoint into DACS entitlement system. If you do not have the background with DACS, it will be helpful to also review article An Introduction to the DACS Entitlement System for OpenDACS Developers prior to designing your OpenDACS integration.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.