Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

404 error The requested resource is not found - Can't connect to APIProxy

Hi - trying to connect to get data with the api, but evrery time I use an api's functionit gives me a 404 error. Followed that guide for a solution, but my ApiProxy and SxS file are different from what is shown in the guide. And I get the same 404 error running the following code :

import eikon as ek

ek.set_log_level(1) #This is to enable log detail

ek.set_app_key('xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx') #A

Could you kindly help.

2022-08-29-09-34-11-window.png

2022-08-29-09-33-24-sxs20220825150310000p33720txt.png

error-404
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@david.corkery

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you knew an answer, please share and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @david.corkery ,

Believe that you have Eikon Core variant Eikon Core does not support Eikon Data API integration, as suggested by @nick.zincone

For the definitive verification on the product version, as well as to discuss your organization's integration requirements, please refer to your Refinitiv account manager, as they will be the best to help you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seems like I have Support Eikon terminal, not sure if that suppor API.

Upvote
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @david.corkery

If you have never been able to successfully connect using the Eikon Data API, your license may not include a developer variant. I would suggest you review this article for troubleshooting.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Nick, this is the guide I have followed and as you can see in the screenshot above I don't have any information on the SxS file. The ApiProxy also has the same information. How can I check if my licence includes a developer variant ?

Hi @david.corkery

Look at step 6, where it instructs you to ping. You should see a section within the response that contains: {"path":"/api"}. This is an indication that you have a developer variant.

Thanks, but I get the following error when trying to access the http://localhost:9000/ping?all:

2022-08-29-14-50-27-not-found.png

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.