question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 2 9

WebSocket connection

Hi , i have LPC sever connected to RTO and its working fine , can i use same Machine ID and password for websocket API to connect to RTO so that both work together ?

websocketslpc
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
23.7k 61 15 21

The refreshing of the tokens is happening behind the scenes and when one application tries to renew the Access Token using the Refresh Token, it fails and has to fallback to Password Grant and use the credentials to re-login. It might work now, but due to the changes coming in the system, might stop working.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
23.7k 61 15 21

Hi @denis.gomes,

Are you trying to use the same credentials in both LPC as well as a websocket application? If so, then it is not recommended use case as the token renewal in one application will invalidate the token the other one.

A better way is to ask your Refinitiv account manager to provide another separate set of credentials for your WS application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
232 2 0 0

Gurpreet is correct. Simultaneous usage of the Machine ID and password for LPC and websocket application will cause authentication issues and token renewal problems. If the applications were not used simultaneously, this setup could work.

As Gurpreet mentioned, getting another account credential from your Refinitiv/LSEG account manager would be a better option. You could then use LPC and the websocket application simultaneously to compare data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 2 9

thanks for the info,

But currently i have 2 LPC installed and i can see data thru OMM viewer on both and updating correctly, one should have disconnected while connecting other ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.