For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvote
Accepted
22 4 4 9

Datascope Select SFTP public host key

Hello Team,

where I can find public key for SFTP server for Datascooe Select?

It is the key used as host certificate to authenticate the Refinitiv SFTP server, so that clients can be certain that they are "talking" to the correct SFTP server?

dssFTPsftp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Lukasz Ossowski

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hi @Lukasz Ossowski,

I checked with the DSS product team, and unfortunately the public key or the fingerprint is not published.

The only option to ensure TLS security is to follow the section: Manual SFTP with Key Authentication Setup Example in the ftp user guide linked earlier. It does however require that a user first connects to ftp using credentials and drop their RSA public key in the ftp server.

If you feel that this is inadequate for your security needs, then I would recommend you to raise a product enhancement request at my.refinitiv.com.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Hello @Lukasz Ossowski,

There is some good information in the S/FTP User guide, but no mention of the RSA keys. I will try to raise it with product management and get an answer.

Meanwhile, if you want - this is the SHA256 fingerprint of the key which I have been using for a past few years:

SHA256:e0j9wBs6I2WtDMjzhWVSACtV0zDHX5QS99ZzTrbFrdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
78.8k 249 52 74

@Lukasz Ossowski

I checked and found that the ssh-keyscan command can be used to get a host key.

ssh-keyscan -H select.datascope.refinitiv.com

I found this command on this How to easily add an SSH fingerprint to your known_hosts file in Linux article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.