Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

How can I reference data from -120 days ago from a specific date using the get data or get history function in Python?

Hi team,

please find the case 11627819,

clients query is How can I reference data from -120 days ago from a specific date using the get data or get history function in Python? In my current code, when the start date is set to '-120', I think the data pulls 120 days' worth of data before t=0, where 0 is the current date. How would I be able to pull 120 days' worth of data before a specified date?

Please do assist on this.

Thanks,

python
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Babyshyamili.S ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@Babyshyamili.S

You can use timedelta in Python to calculate -120 days ago from a specific date. For example, the code looks like this.

from datetime import datetime, timedelta, date

specific_date = date(2022, 9, 13)
start_date = specific_date - timedelta(days=120)
print(specific_date)
print(start_date)
2022-09-13
2022-05-16

Then, those dates can be used with the get_data and get_history methods.

For example:

rd.get_data(
    universe=['LSEG.L', 'VOD.L'],
    fields=['TR.PriceClose.Date','TR.PriceClose'],
    parameters = {'SDate': start_date.strftime("%Y-%m-%d"),'EDate':specific_date.strftime("%Y-%m-%d"), 'Curn': 'CAD'}
)

rd.get_history(universe=["VOD.L"],start=start_date, end=specific_date, interval="1D")
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @Babyshyamili.S ,

is this what you're looking for? the parameter 'count':

count : int, optional
            The maximum number of data returned. Values range: 1 - 10000

For example

df=rd.get_history(universe="LSEG.L", interval="daily", end="2021-08-01", count=120)
df

1664346899756.png

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions

1664346899756.png (64.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.