question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 0 2 9

Public attribute data point is not returned

When requesting information for permid organisations in permid API service, the Public information (Yes or No) values are not returned by the API. We think this is happening when the value equals No in the website.

Permids affected by this issue: 5079703629, 4296280073 among many others

Website says Public equals No, API doesn't return anything.

How can we retrieve that "No" value?

Thanks for your help.

#contentdatapermid-apiopen-permid-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Contacted PGO Support Permid.

hi @joao-neto ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@joao-neto

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@joao-neto

I got a response from the product team.

"hasHoldingClassification": "tr-org:publiclyHeld" means the Organization is a public Organization. This will be followed by "hasIPODate": "1915-11-11T05:00:00Z".

If this value is not there, then the Organization is not a public Organization. Organization is always listed as a public or not. 
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@joao-neto

Thanks for reaching out to us.

According to this page, the Public field is equivalent to the hasHoldingClassification field in the API.

1666931932863.png

I checked and found that the Public field is Yes when there is the hasHoldingClassification in the response.

1666931861262.png

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

1666931932863.png (40.1 KiB)
1666931861262.png (37.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18 0 2 9

Hi,

Thank you very much for the fast response. We are indeed using that field and we get responses when the value in it equals to Yes in the website. However, for the permids we were sharing ( 5079703629, 4296280073) we don't see the information coming in the response. And we have detected a pattern that this happens always when the value displayed in the website is Public == No.

That's why we wanted to understand if we have to get the data from somewhere else in the api for the cases when public equals No or whether there is perhaps some issue there.

Let me know if it helps.

Best.

icon clock
10 |1500

@joao-neto

Therefore, you need a confirmation that if the response doesn't have the hasHoldingClassification field, the Public is No. Am I correct?

Yes, I need the response on how we can get the "No" value. If there is no response we cannot know if there is a null value (meaning you don't have the data) or whether it is a "No".
Upvotes
18 0 2 9

Hi,

Just to make the request clear. We are seeking a response on how we can get the "No" value in the public attribute. If there is no response we cannot know if there is a null value (meaning you don't have the data) or whether it is a "No".

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.