question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 0 0 4

how to run the API examples

Hi, im a new user trying out the API examples here:

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/eikon/-net-apis-for-use-in-custom-applications/download

I get it to build fine in VisualStudio. upon run I get a console window then a message

..."you'll need an app to open this reuters"

do I really need the Refinitiv Eikon app that costs $22K a year? are there any other options?

apieikon-com-api.neteikon-.net-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@BeauOfAmerica

Sorry about the issue that you are facing.

Yes, to use Eikon API, you need to have Eikon running properly on the same machine.

Other APIs could be Datastream Web Service or Refinitiv Data Library for .Net. It depends on the data that you would like to get.

However, please discuss the requirements with your Refinitiv account team or sales team. They can help you select the proper APIs that can be used to get the required data.

I hope that this information is of help

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
18 0 0 4

thank you for confirming that, and for the fast response.

I'll try the Refinitiv Data Library for .Net.

I'm exploring the options here to see whats so great about it.

To see what it can do that Yahoo Finance API can't

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.