I've been studying the RFA and RDM usage guides and I still can't find answers to some questions.
- The RDM Usage Guide (section 5.8.3) says one should choose the dictionary with the latest version when the same dictionary is provided by multiple services. What if the versions are incompatible, i.e. the major version number differs? Is it possible at all?
- What does "same dictionary" actually mean? Are two dictionaries considered to be the same if their names match? Do their DictionaryIds need to match as well?
- Is it possible for a service directory to list *multiple* dictionaries of the same type (FIELD_DEFINITIONS, ENUM_TABLES, ...) in a single service's DictionariesUsed field?
- If a service requires a dictionary that is provided by multiple services, including itself, should one prefer the version provided by the requesting service itself, or it doesn't matter?
- Are dictionaries with the same version number and name guaranteed to be identical across multiple services?
- Is it idiomatic (or required) to decode Field and Enum dictionaries into the single RDMFieldDictionary class instance, as it is done in the Consumer sample?
References to the user guides and documentation would be very much appreciated.