question

Upvotes
Accepted
33 3 3 6

Maximum size of summary data that will be cached

What is the maximum size of summary data for an item that will be cached by the infrastructure? Where does this limitiation lie? Can it be increased or otherwise configured?

One of our applications is publishing a UPA message of container type MAP, the entries of which are themselves maps containing entries of field lists. Caching appears to work OK until the summary data approaches a size near to 6k bytes at which point the cache simply returns an empty dataBody to any consumers.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktrepinfrastructurecaching
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

According to the information from TREP support team, there is a parameter that can be set to increase the maximum message size:

*maxSecondLevelElementSize: <size>

After increasing its value to 25000, ADH can cache the message with the size of summary data more than 6k bytes and the rsslConsumer can retrieve the cached data properly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.1k 246 52 72

@Will Wright

I can replicate this issue too. It could be a problem or limitation of TREP.

Please RAISE A CASE to TREP support team directly via https://my.thomsonreuters.com/. Therefore, TREP support will verify and investigate this issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
33 3 3 6

I've raised case 05066078 with support. Unfortunately increasing the maxSecondLevelElementSize value does not fix the issue I described above with map of map of field list data structures >6k. Can you please describe the type of data structure you were publishing when you attempted to replicate the issue. Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

I used a map (Market By Order) but the summary data in the map was a field list. I will use a map in the summary data and let you know the result.

I have tested it with a map in the summary data. After using the following configuration, the rmdstestclient can retrieve the data properly.

*maxSecondLevelElementSize: 25000

However, without the configuration, the payload is empty.

Please see attached files.

• test-no-config.txt : This is the result from rmdstestclient without the above configuration
  • test-with-config.txt : This is the result from rmdstestclient after using the above configuration

I am using ADH 3.0.4.L1 and ADS 3.0.4.L1.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.