For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
30 2 3 7

Chain RIC maximum length

Hi, what is the maximum length of chain RICs (example: 0#APSE:NS) ? The RIC length in general is discussed in this question , but I wonder if the same rules apply to chain RICs too?

dss-rest-apichain-ric
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @stefan.sirkia ,

According to DN085020 (please use your My Refinitiv account cred to login to My Refinitiv portal), " ... the maximum possible length of the RIC in Datascope is going to be increased to 32 characters (36 characters for delisted RICs) ..."

Chain RICs are part of Datascope covered content, therefore this guidance should be applicable.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you.
Upvote
22k 58 14 21

Hi @stefan.sirkia,

Are you inquiring about the length of the chain, or the length of the chain RIC name?

The standard RIC length rules apply to the name, regardless of it being a chain or not.

I am not aware, that chain itself has any limitation on the length. This article can help explain the chain data structure.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you. "Length of the chain RIC name " to be more precise.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.