Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 1 2 5

Is WBMS available via Eikon or Workspace API?

Hi! I'm looking for a way to automate download of these files/attachments found within the WBMS app in Eikon (as seen below).1669682019614.png

However, I can't find anything about this app in our APIs. Also noticed that WBMS doesn't seem to be available in Workspace. Is it even possible to access WBMS programmatically? Hoping someone can confirm this? Thanks!

eikonworkspace#product#content
1669682019614.png (232.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

sent an email asking the metal research team to help on this

Thorne, Tamara <Tamara.Thorne@lseg.com>; Evans, Chris <Chris.Evans@lseg.com>; Alway, Bruce <Bruce.Alway@lseg.com>

@RC Da Cola

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @RC Da Cola ,

There is an example regarding WBMS automated marketbalance commentary provided in the CodeBook example folder. To access CodeBook, type CODEBK in the Eikon/Workspace search bar.

1669967429418.png

The example file is located at: __Examples__ > 06. Commodities Research > 06.01. Metals > WBMS_Automated_MarketBalance_Commentary.ipynb

1669967334290.png

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further question

1669967429418.png (11.8 KiB)
1669967334290.png (12.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @raksina.samasiri ,

Apologies for returning to this late. Thanks for pointing me to the Codebook example. It is not quite what I was looking for since I was hoping for the possibility of downloading the Excel files themselves. I was expecting something like a link that I can use to ftp the files from wherever they are hosted or like how we can access event transcripts from an endpoint like in RDP API. Not sure if all WBMS statistics shown in the files are available by accessing just the WBMS RICs.

@RC Da Cola

As I know, we don't have the RDP endpoint to download these excel files.

However, you can contact your Refinitiv account team or sales team directly to confirm it.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.