Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

How to get historical daily price for the last 25 years across 20 indices?

I want to get index data (daily price) for 20 regions (EM and DM) since 2000. I used Eikon Python API to get the history but it only gives me since 2015. There is clearly a cap! What Python API is suitable for me to get historical daily prices for the last 30-40 years max?

eikondatastream-apipython apihistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @mrahmani,

For Datastream Web Service user stats and limits please refer to DSWS user stats and limits.

Enterprise history products are best suited for efficient retrieval of a large interval of historical data, for example Refinitiv Tick History product that is accessible through Refinitiv Tick History (RTH) - REST API, that can be called from Python and any programming language that supports HTTP REST integration.

Would like to suggest contacting you Refinitiv account team to discuss your data requirement and to help advise on the best solution for your organization.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.