For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 2 2 9

Token Issue

Hi Team,

We are running consumer 450 in our AWS, some-times we end up with token issue.

loggerMsg
    ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient
    Severity: Warning
    Text:    Received Channel warning event on channel Channel_1
Instance Name Consumer_1_1
RsslReactor @48e74764
RsslChannel @104c02c6
Error Id 0
Internal sysError 0
Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent
Error text Failed REST request for the token service. Text: api.refinitiv.com
loggerMsgEnd

In the above error I do see Consumer_1_1. What is the use of this Instance name?

Hence while creating the ommConsumer I do see that we are using certain parameters listed below, I would like to understand the definition of these variables/parameters.

config.consumerName("Consumer_1")
tokenUrlV1
tokenUrlV2
serviceDiscoveryUrl

Please help us to provide the required information.

#technologyema-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Maha Rana Parthap Sing ,

1. Likely there was a connectivity interrupt, that could have been due to the client's local machine or network condition, their internet connectivity to endpoints, and potentially service maintenance or outage. For this last case only the historical alerts can be reviewed via Historical Alert Search. If the client is facing the issue, and not finding it among known alerts, they can open a support case with My Refinitiv support-> Refinitiv Real-time Optimized to verify the issue. If the connectivity interrupt is due to local conditions or internet connectivity, local admin/network team are the best resources to engage to investigate.

2. EMA retries the connection, and in most cases, it is able to re-establish and re-subscribe the open instruments on client's behalf, this is "single open" by default.

In rare situations, the connection cannot be recovered by EMA. A production-strength design should include provisions to detect is to register for Login stream events and to handle the closures of it. Please see: this previous discussion thread and this previous discussion thread for the discussion of the details.

If the issue re-occurs repeatedly, please see this previous discussion thread as well.

3. The usage of parameters described is as expected and should not be the cause.

4. This means that the connectivity path may be different and pin-pointing the source of the issue may be more complex. All previous answers should still apply.

If the issue re-occurs repeatedly, I personally would try to retest outside of Amazon cluster to eliminate it as the potential source of the connectivity interrupts.

Hope that this information helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Maha Rana Parthap Sing ,

ex450_MP_QueryServiceDiscovery works with your valid AWS credentials and "... illustrates how to query endpoints from Refinitiv Data Platform service discovery using the ServiceEndpointDiscovery class and use the location from the command line to select an endpoint..."

This is done by EMA "under the hood", on your behalf, you can review (and step-by-step in IDE) the main steps implemented in the example code and the configuration that is defined in Consumer_1 stanza of your local EmaConfig.xml is used to define the interaction.

If you are getting started on integrating with RTO, in Java, would suggest to quick-start by following the steps in Quick Start - Connecting to Refinitiv Real-Time -- Optimized in Java and analogous in C/C++ if youa re in C/C++, next, more of the relevant information on RTSDK consumer implementation can be found in RTSDK Tutorials -> Consumer sections.

Hope that this information is of help

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11 2 2 9

Hi @zoya faberov,

Thanks for the information. Still, I am not clear with exception (Error text Failed REST request for the token service. Text: api.refinitiv.com) need your assistance.

Exception:
Error text Failed REST request for the token service. Text: api.refinitiv.com

Current Application Details:

Yes, we are integrating with RTO in Java (Spring boot application). I have gone through the tutorial and integrated with Consumer 450 in our app and able to run successfully in local and cloud. Sometimes (intermittently) I do observe the token issue.

Can you please assist on the below queries?

1. In which scenario/conditions this exception will occur?

2. After this exception will it re-run the program on its own or do we need to restart the application?

3. In order to run the consumer, we need to pass some command line arguments. (username, clientId, password, tokenURL, tokenURLV1, tokenURLV2). I am aware of username, password and clientId. But I am not sure what are these tokenURL, tokenURLV1, tokenURLV2 parameters? By any chance the above exception is directly/indirectly related to these token parameters.

4. FYI, we have deployed our application in Amazon EKS cluster.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11 2 2 9

Thanks. If issue occurs repeatedly will come back on this thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.